The Nissan Altima is equipped with a keyless entry system that easily allows its owners to lock and unlock their cars with the push of a button.
A smart key that comes with your Nissan Altima is useful for many important things. In an emergency, it can start your automobile and rapidly lock and unlock your car doors. Additionally, it is portable and tiny enough to fit in your wallet or pocket, making it easy to carry with you wherever you go.
However, there’s a chance you can misplace it, forget where you put it, or experience a battery failure that makes it impossible for you to start your car. In this circumstance, there are simple ways to start your car, such as by utilizing the mechanical key.
This article goes into detail on how to start Nissan Altima without a smart key.
How to Start a Nissan Altima Without Using a Smart Key?
Your car can be easily started with a smart key, and it can also handle certain simple tasks like locking and unlocking your car. The majority of car owners have shifted to using smart keys due to their portability and simplicity of use compared to manual keys which are junky.
When your smart key is lost, misplaced, or out of battery, it can be difficult to start the automobile.
Finding the secret key that is always included with the smart key and carrying out the following steps are required before you can start the vehicle:
- Turn the key fob around.
- The emergency key is concealed inside the fob
- Simply press the release button to make it visible.
- To unlock the driver’s side door, insert the key.
- Get into your Nissan Altima at this point.
You may now start your Nissan Altima if it has a key fob port by doing the actions below:
- As is customary, place the smart key into the key fob port.
- Your engines will start to run once you press the START/STOP button and apply the clutch or brake.
Place your key fob as close to the start/stop button as you can when starting a Nissan Altima without a keyhole. If it doesn’t work, see if you can find the precise location of the smart key installation in your Altima’s operation manual since it may vary depending on the model.
How Can I Reset the Nissan Altima Key Fob?
You may always reset your key fob by following the instructions below if it has stopped working;
• Prior to starting your vehicle, make sure all doors are closed and locked.
• Next, turn the ignition to ACC after inserting your key. After turning it off, take it out of the keyhole. Continue until your warning light flashes twice, do this for another 6 times.
• After that, restart the ignition of your car while in ACC mode.
• Press any button on your fob till the flashing of your warning light. It means the key is completely programmed. The side doors of the car should be locked.
• At last, switch off your car and take the key out of the ignition. If your key fob is unable to function after the initial programming, repeat the procedure until it functions.
Can a Keyless Vehicle Be Started Without a Key Fob?
On occasion, your key fob can stop working, which would prevent you from starting the car. These days, you can start a car without a key fob. You must physically unlock your doors first if your fob is not working.
Holding the fob close to the door handle will still allow you to open doors even if the battery is dead. This might finally function now that the fob still has some battery life.
Once you’re inside, starting your Altima is easy. Since the automakers are aware that your keyless ignition may need to operate if the fob dies, the system was designed to continue to work even with a damaged remote.
Every car with a keyless entry has a key slot on the steering wheel. The switch you press is actually a plastic cap that unscrews to disclose a key slot, as it turns out.
If your keyless entry system has a start button and there isn’t a mechanical keyhole, you can still start the car. Press the key fob to start the car. Some manufacturers have a backup system that makes this method work even if the fob battery dies.
Can I Start My Nissan Altima With My Phone?
You can remotely start or stop your car’s engine using the My Nissan Owner portal or the Nissan Connect Services app. To get your car back to a comfortable temperature before you leave for work or home, you can start it remotely.
Can I Start Nissan Altima With the Mechanical Key?
What happens if you try to start a car without a smart Key?
As a Nissan Altima owner, you should not panic when your key fob fails to work or is misplaced, as you can still easily start and operate your car, however, due to the various advantages that come with the key fob, it is recommended that you always ensure that its battery is well installed and well maintained for proper function.
Also, always carry the valet key with you for emergencies in case your fob abruptly fails to function.